Thread: Found a missing Gomer, got hisself dissed by another Gomer???

Found a missing Gomer, got hisself dissed by another Gomer???

Checking to see if Hell froze over, nope (not yet at least)

Rubbin's Mealbag had a familiar voice with a familiar bleat, but Rubbin shot him down with a bleat of his own...

"Q: From the beginning, the road race has gone in the wrong direction at IMS. Turn 1 should be Turn 1. People would load grandstand B to see the passing we all love. Slowing to do the road course would make better racing, and passing at the end of the next long straight would be much better viewing out of Turn 4. It would look better, race better, and not be what it's been no matter what cars race there.

60-plus-year Indy fan, Pat Ringley, aka "Paper'

RM: Gotta disagree, Pat. It's bad enough there's a road race on the world's most famous oval in May but running the same way as the Indy 500 is blasphemy."

Wait, din't I learn in math class that two negatives make a positive? Seeing Gomers oppose each other is a Positive in my book (even if it hurts their lil brains) . . .
    Last edited by Kapers; 05-17-2017 at 05:25 PM. Reason: spelled 'another' wrong...

Crapmaster

Re: Found a missing Gomer, got hisself dissed by another Gomer???

Sorry Rubbin, but "the world's most famous oval in May" happens to be south of you, Churchill Downs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crapenstien View Post
    Sorry Rubbin, but "the world's most famous oval in May" happens to be south of you, Churchill Downs.
    And the second most famous oval in May is in/near Baltimore - the Preakness at Pimlico.

Where does that leave the Indianapolis track?

Quote Originally Posted by RARules View Post
    Behind almost any oval race track (horses or cars) in the country. If they think that Alonso will boost the ratings for any other race this season, they are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by RARules View Post
    And the second most famous oval in May is in/near Baltimore - the Preakness at Pimlico.

IMHO, behind Belmont Park (the site of the third leg of thoroughbred racing's "Triple Crown") and every other track that has hosted "The Breeder's Cup"...even the outdated Aquaduct...the former site of "The Belmont Stakes" and present home of the "Wood Memorial".

As far as AOW racetracks are concerned, I'll put Michigan International Speedway, Phoenix International Raceway (before ISC decided to screw it up), Road America, Burke Lakefront Airport, the Lausitzring and the Long Beach street track (1984-99) ahead of the soulless Brickyard. I started caring less for that craphole once the Idiot Grandson started running cabs on it back in 1994.

The Indy-owned Hapless Motor Speedway? It's a formerly great AOW oval track that wants to also be a road course that wants to also be a championship golf course. Sounds like a bastardized joke, if you ask me.

PS: And BTW...does "Paper View" mean anything to anybody at all these days? Does Pay-Per-View, for that matter?

Last time PPV had any meaningful subscription to one of its events, it was "Mayweather vs. Pacquiao" two years ago this month. And IMHO, that's what FernandoMania is gonna be...a one-shot dud. Prizefighting has just beaten IndyCrap to desperate oblivion is all.

Soon enough, the only way anyone will see the Hapless 500 live on television is if you PPV through HBO or Showtime. Just MHO.
    "I'm on a track and I'm traveling so fast.
    Oh for sure I'm crazy..."

"I Am An Animal" - Pete Townshend, 1980

Indy even ranks behind this oval:

Quote Originally Posted by tux crapper View Post
    Indy even ranks behind this oval:

LOL... at least the oval shown above is properly engineered for the purpose of getting rid of shi.t... the Hoosier Oval, well...it's best known for the shi.t that circles it during the month of May, but doesn't get flushed!
    Champ Car rocked the world and died a sorry death at the hands of the BIG GIANT FEMININE HYGENE BAG trifecta... FTG FKK and anyone else that believes in this Shyte called SPindy Crap Razin'.... Wake up Morons...It ain't racing

Gotta love the mouse traps.

If they were RAT traps I would be on the lookout for other vermin.Former CART owners now residing in the Hurl.
    They are known to frequent dumps ,trash heaps IMS etc.These rat traps can be baited with Yen,Honda Bucks etc, IE, see Rahal,Andretti,Fernandez etc.