Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TV Rating info needed

Re: TV Rating info needed

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeX View Post
    Oh?

Marshall Pruett wrote an article on SPEEDtv.com (link) parroting the 0.8 overnight rating for the Glen which was reported by someone earlier in the week. However USA Today.com said this about the Hot Dog contest:
    "Sports on TV: ESPN aims for more to dig the long ball - USATODAY.com"
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2010-...nd-watch_N.htm
    1.2% is a 1.2 rating. And last time I took a math class, 1.2 > 0.8.

The Hot Dog contest wins!
    I had saw somewhere that the earl got a .9 and the hot dog contest a .8, maybe it was in that nightmare I had a few nights ago...Well then, all is GREAT.
    Go Button Go! Forza Alonso!

Crapmaster

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipT631 View Post
    Can we then assume that Rubbin will not be reporting this fact?
    Only from the standpoint of "Dang, I wish I'd been at that Hot Dog Contest!! I coulda beat that bunch easy! I've put away more hotdogs than that just waiting for (F)TG to tell me what to write!! And THEN I went to lunch!!"
    The IRL is so disgracing, nothing of it worth embracing,
    Is there? Is there hope for OW Racing? Tell me, I implore!
    Quoth the Raven: "Nevermore".
    (apologies to Mr. Poe)

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipT631 View Post
    Can we then assume that Rubbin will not be reporting this fact?
    If he does, it'll only be to point out that the hotdog eating contest was more successful than the irl because it had more Americans in the competition than the irl has in their events.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    ================================================== =
    Alcohol will destroy your brain cells. But only the weak ones.

There isn't a sarkasm* smilie. I don't usually use regular smilies, either. *I'm sarcasmic.

Quote Originally Posted by last2brake View Post
    If he does, it'll only be to point out that the hotdog eating contest was more successful than the irl because it had more Americans in the competition than the irl has in their events.
    Were any of them thar 'Muricans feemale?

If so...Linda Lovelace, eat yer heart out.

PS: And if any of them were women, I'd have watched while ROFLMAO...
    "I'm on a track and I'm traveling so fast.
    Oh for sure I'm crazy..."

"I Am An Animal" - Pete Townshend, 1980

This is unusual - the Watkins Glen # apparently went UP from the overnight (source).
    ABC drew a 0.9 final rating for last weekend's IndyCar Camping World Grand Prix, even with last year (0.9), but down a tick from both 2008 and 2007 (1.0).

And, updating the Hot Dog contest data, I already posted that it drew 847,000HH and a 1.2 cable rating, but I can now add that another source reports that the number of individual viewers was 1,677,000. (source)
    2010 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest from Coney Island (ESPN) 12-1pm: 1.677 million viewers
    As we're comparing IndyCar vs Hot Dog Eating Contest popularity, let's not forget to compare at-the-event crowd sizes.
    • Watkins Glen, IndyCar, July 4th 2010, as reported by Robin Miller (source) :
      Quote Originally Posted by Robin Mealer
      The promoter gauged the attendance about the same as 2009, which was somewhere in the 25,000-30,000 range.
    • Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest, July 4th 2010, per a Major League Eating & International Federation of Competitive Eating press release (source)
      Quote Originally Posted by MLE
      A record crowd estimated by police at well more than 40,000 braved the scorching heat to witness Chestnut in his element

And now for some pics:

Hot Dog crowd:

Watkins Glen (note: all images from during the "race" under green flag conditions)
    front straight stands:

pit-side stands:

Red, White & Blue stands near the Esses:

The Heel of the Boot, inside field(R) and outside field(L):
    Last edited by RenegadeX; 07-13-2010 at 02:40 AM.
    Peter Gethin, ex-F1 driver, in the racing documentary Jo Siffert - Live Fast, Die Young:
    "To be a racing driver, you have to have a bad memory, and be a little bit stupid"
    note: this was well before IndyCar came about - to be an IndyCar driver, you have to be a LOT stupid!

Crapaholic

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ente...n-america.html

World Cup Final gets a 24.3 rating in the US...You could add the ratings for the past 4 Mindy 500's and it still wouldn't get the total for the US ratings of a World Cup Final which happens every 4 years.