• 2012 Indy 500 Earns Second Lowest Overnight Ratings Ever

Though down only slightly from last year, the 2012 Indianapolis 500 earned one of the lowest overnights ever for the event.

The IndyCar Series Indianapolis 500 drew a 4.1 overnight rating on ABC Sunday afternoon, down 5% from last year (4.3), but up a tick from 2010 (4.0).

The 4.1 overnight is the second-lowest for the Indy 500 since the race began airing live in 1986. As recently as 2008, the race drew a 5.1 overnight.
      Though the race itself was down from last year, the prerace portion of ABC’s coverage earned a 1.9 overnight — up 46%.
      For some perspective, the rain-delayed 2012 Daytona 500 drew a 7.7 rating in primetime.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012...verage-up-big/
      Comments 2 Comments
        Brake L8 -
        And to think the local gomer media has been putting on the radio all week how "the 500's ratings were up!!".
        CowtownBob -
        Quote Originally Posted by Brake L8 View Post
        And to think the local gomer media has been putting on the radio all week how "the 500's ratings were up!!".
        but i'm sure they will be making very public corrections and apologies.
    • Recent Posts

LongShanx

Nürburgring Test Notebook

*Audi Sport Team Joest led the way in the two-day test, with Loic Duval and Lucas Di Grassi turning laps in the No. 9 Audi R18 e-tron quattro today. It

LongShanx Today, 03:51 PM Go to last post
      LongShanx

Anticipation Building for Inaugural 6H Nürburgring

As a part of the two-day FIA World Endurance Championship test at the Nürburgring, several key players in the series spoke at a press conference about

LongShanx Today, 03:47 PM Go to last post
      LongShanx

BMW Rules Out LMP1 Program

Chickenshit BMW!

BMW has ruled out launching a LMP1 program for the new-for-2017 regulations, although wouldn’t

LongShanx Yesterday, 03:46 PM Go to last post
      Khazrak134

Re: Hey FTG, part II

Im 22! Me and my younger brother who is 18, just caught the tail end of CART/Champ Car, we started following it in 2002 at the same time we started following

Khazrak134 07-26-2015, 08:24 PM Go to last post
      last2brake

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Yeah, I can't remember the last time I had much good to say about Bernie, but that was a nice gesture.

last2brake 07-26-2015, 05:46 PM Go to last post
      CHAMPCAR1

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Gonna have to give a thumbs up to Bernie for flying the entire Bianchi family to this weekends race so they can pay respect with the entire F1 community.

CHAMPCAR1 07-26-2015, 01:51 PM Go to last post